March Madness is Here! Train Like the Pros with XBAR
Let the games begin! With March Madness in full effect it’s easy to find yourself glued to the couch, live streaming on every device and constantly checking your office pool bracket. But while you bask in basketball heaven, your body may not be sharing your March Madness joys due to lack of physical activity.
If you find yourself indulging in beer and pizza over the next three weeks, it’s time to train like the pros and get your workout in with XBAR. We know you don’t want to miss a second of the game, so we have picked the top five workouts for a full-body workout to do from the comfort of your own home:
- Regular Grip / Standing Bicep Curls – Attach the desired resistance band to the XBAR. Stand up straight with resistance band placed under both feet and the XBAR in each hand at arm’s length. Keep elbows close to your torso and rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing upward. This will be your starting position. Now, keeping the upper arms stationary, exhale and curl the XBAR while contracting your biceps.
- Decline Pushup – Get in the standard pushup position with your feet elevated and hands slightly wider that shoulder-width. Your elbows should be completely locked out. Keeping your body straight, lower your chest towards your XBAR. Pause and push back to the starting position, keeping your core engaged.
- Bent Over Row – Attach the desired resistance band to the XBAR. Place the resistance band under your feet and the XBAR in your hands with your feet and arms shoulder width apart. While bending slightly at the knees, lean forward at the hips until your torso is at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Exhale as you pull the XBAR toward your lower chest. Keep your elbows tight against your body and your torso stationary. At the top of the lift, pause and contract your back muscles. Inhale as you lower the bar to its initial position.
- Squats to Overhead Press – Attach the desired resistance band to the XBAR. Begin in a standing position with the resistance band under both feet and XBAR in each hand. Clean the XBAR to shoulder height utilizing a jumping motion and shoulder rotation. Your palms should be face each other and the elbows pointed forward. Look directly forward, keep your chest up and place your feet about shoulder width apart. This is your starting position.
- Initiate the movement with a squat, flexing the knees and hips to your lower body. Descend as far as flexibility allows, maintaining good posture. Pause for a brief moment at the bottom of the squat before returning to a standing position by extending the hips and knees.
- After fully rising to a standing position, press the XBAR overhead by extending the elbows and flexing at the shoulder. Return the XBAR to the shoulder before repeating the entire movement for more reps.
- Ab Twist – Sit on a mat or other flat surface with your knees bent, holding the XBAR in each hand. Lean back while keeping your head and hips still. Exhale and reach the XBAR across your body to the right. Go as far as your normal range of motion allows. Inhale, and return back to center. Repeat, to the other side. Return to starting position and repeat the entire movement for more reps.